Friday, November 6, 2009

35 weeks and counting down!!


profile picture--whew!

trying to figure out how to mount the music machine...fyi..it's sitting on the counter as I type! ha

inside of the crib--didn't my Mom and Dad do an awesome job!!

front of the crib

bassinette w bedding to match his room


Hi all--

35 weeks and we have a full sized baby...literally. At our sonogram yesterday she estimated his weight to be 7 1/2 lbs and 19.5 inches long! No wonder I can't breathe very well anymore! He is healthy and thriving so now the big decision is when to get him out of there. If we do it before 38 weeks I would have to undergo an amniocentesis, which is where they take a little bit of the amniotic fluid from around him by inserting a needle thru my stomach and into his amniotic sac. I said thanks but no thanks to that. there are just way too many complications for me to justify doing such a procedure. I am happy with him being in there until he either decides to come out on his own or it is perfectly safe to bring him out. We will just wait and pray that everything turns out well and until then just try and enjoy these last few weeks with it being just Eric and I. I just have a hunch that he will be here very soon after Thanksgiving though.

In other news...check out that bedding and crib! Isn't it beautiful! I love it and it means so much more that it is hand crafted and will stay in the family forever! My mom did a great job on the bedding. It turned out exactly like I wanted. I know it's not a typical baby look but we like it and that's all that matters right? My Dad labored for more hours than he likes to admit over that crib and it shows. It is gorgeous! Thanks to my parents for all their hard work!

So the countdown begins....everyone keep in touch frequently for updates as I'm sure these last few weeks will be full of them.

Devi

2 comments:

  1. did your dad MAKE that crib and bassinet? i MISS you to pieces. sam and clay are 10.5 months old! did lily tell you i went to see you the other day and you weren't there. i got my days mixed up (shocker). are you still working? i'd love to come to see you or catch lunch one day. i can't wait to meet the peanut!

    xoxo,
    s

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dad is pumped...he's on the internet! Hang in there baby.

    ReplyDelete